SAG-Producers Pension Plan SPD & Benefits


Download a Pension application packet.pension timeline preview

How To Apply For Benefits

When you decide to retire, be sure to contact the Plan promptly and apply for benefits. You will be considered as having applied for a pension only when your completed application has been received by the Plan. Payments cannot begin before the completed application and all other required forms and documents have been received. The Plan has a general rule that it will not pay benefits for any months before you apply. Unless you notify the Plan, we will assume that you are still working so that pension benefits are not yet payable to you. If you retire but delay filing, you may lose benefits for the months of delay.

When you request an application from the Plan, you can also obtain information about your Pension Credits, benefits, options and any other information which will help you to make your decisions and complete the application. Application and other pension forms are also available on the Plan's website.

Along with your application, you must provide a copy of your birth certificate or other proof of your date of birth. If you are married, a copy of your recorded marriage certificate must be provided. If you have a Same-Sex Domestic Partner, you must provide the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership on a form provided by the Plan. If you are applying for the 50% Joint and
Survivor Pension, your spouse's or partner's birth certificate must also be submitted. If you are applying for the 75% or 100% Joint and Survivor Option, your contingent annuitant's birth certificate must be submitted. The Trustees reserve the right to require any additional documentation to substantiate your pension application.

If You are Applying for a Disability Pension

For a Disability or Occupational Disability Pension you must also provide proof that you meet the Plan's definition of Total Disability. This includes a copy of your notice of entitlement to Social Security Disability benefits which you receive from the U.S. Social Security Administration and the Disability Certification Form completed by your doctor. Certification Forms are available from the Plan Office. You may also be asked to provide copies of additional documentation including your medical records and laboratory test results.

Application for Death Benefits

To make it possible for payments to begin with minimum delay, the spouse, beneficiary or a representative should contact the Plan Office as soon as possible after your death.

The Plan will provide information to properly authorized personal representatives on your eligibility and possible benefits due as a result of your death.