Section 1. Purpose.
Pro Rata Pensions are provided under this Plan for Participants who would otherwise be ineligible for a pension because their years of employment have been divided between employment creditable under this Plan and employment creditable under the Motion Picture Industry Pension Plan.
Section 2. Related Service Credit.
The term "Related Service Credit" means service credit accumulated by a Participant under the Motion Picture Industry Pension Plan. The Trustees shall compute Related Plan Service Credits on the basis on which that credit has been earned under the Motion Picture Industry Pension Plan and certified by that Plan to this Plan.
Section 3. Combined Service Credit.
The term "Combined Service Credit" means the total Related Service Credit plus Pension Credit accumulated under this Plan by a Participant.
Section 4. Eligibility for a Pro Rata Pension.
A Participant who has retired shall be eligible for a Pro Rata Pension if he or she meets the following requirements:
- he or she would be eligible for a Regular, Disability or Early Retirement Pension under this Plan were his or her Combined Service Credit treated as Pension Credit under this Plan; and
- he or she has earned at least five years of Pension Credit under this Plan and five years of Related Service Credit; and
- he or she has earned, after January 1, 1992, at least one year of Current Service Credit under this Plan.
Section 5. Breaks in Service.
Credit earned prior to a Permanent Break in Service under this Plan or the Motion Picture Industry Pension Plan shall not be counted in determining the Participant's Pro Rata Pension.
Section 6. Amount of the Pro Rata Pension.
The monthly amount of the Pro Rata Pension is determined in the same way as the Regular, Early Retirement or Disability Pension based only on the Pension Credit earned under this Plan and excluding Related Service Credit.
Section 7. Payment.
Payment of a Pro Rata Pension shall be subject to all the conditions applicable to the other types of pensions under this Plan. Pro Rata payments subject to this Article shall be limited to:
- monthly pension payments to a Pensioner and, if applicable, his surviving spouse or Beneficiary; or
- death benefits payable in accordance with Article V.
Section 8. Death Before Retirement.
If a Participant dies before retirement, Related Service Credit may be used for purposes of determining eligibility for the Death Before Retirement Benefit under Article V, Section 1 or the 50% Joint and Survivor Pension under Article IV, Section 4 provided he or she has earned at least:
- five years of Pension Credit under this Plan, including one year of Current Service Credit after January 1, 1992; and
- five years of Related Service Credit.