All covered Participants and Dependents who are at least 18 years old have access to the Quit for Life® Program, brought to you by the American Cancer Society® and Optum. Quit for Life® is the leading tobacco cessation program in the United States and is available at no cost to you and your Dependents age 18 and older.
The program integrates free medication, web-based learning and confidential phone-based support from expert Quit Coaches®. The Quit for Life® Program includes:
- Up to three scheduled 1:1 coaching sessions via text, chat or phone + 2 group video sessions
- Unlimited toll-free access to Quit Coaches® via chat, text or phone.
- Access to Web Coach®, a private online community of e-learning tools and social support. resources, videos and connect with a Coach on the Quit For Life portal and mobile app.
- Advice on quitting aids such as nicotine replacement therapy and prescription medication.
- Up to eight weeks of nicotine replacement therapy, such as the nicotine patch or gum, sent directly to your home. An additional four weeks of therapy may be provided if necessary.
- Up to eight weeks of prescription medication, such as buproprion or Chantix, through the Express Scripts prescription drug benefits. An additional four weeks of therapy may be provided if necessary. Optum will coordinate with Express Scripts so that these medications are provided at no cost to you.
- A survey upon program completion.
To enroll in the Quit for Life® Program, call (866) QUIT-4-LIFE ((866) 784-8454) or visit www.quitnow.net/sag-aftra.