Effective December 1, 2017, employers are required to submit remittance reports and contributions to a central repository maintained by the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan (Plan). Upon receipt, the Plan will direct remittance records and contributions to the respective pension plans on behalf of employers in accordance with the collective bargaining agreements (CBAs). All payments and associated reports should be submitted to:

SAG-AFTRA Health Plan

P.O. Box 54867

Los Angeles, CA 90054-0867

For remittances under the Commercials or Corporate/Educational & Non-Broadcast agreements that specify an allocation between the SAG-Producers Pension Plan and the AFTRA Retirement Fund, employers and their paying agents will be obligated to continue making such allocations and submit separate contributions remittances for allocation to the Plan.

Contributions may also be remitted via wire transfer. Please contact the Contribution Management department at [email protected] for instructions.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Transition

What do I need to know about contributions reporting? 
Effective December 1, 2017, employers remitting contributions under any SAG-AFTRA CBAs are required to submit all remittance reports and contributions directly to the Plan.

Why are these changes happening?
On January 1, 2017, the SAG-Producers Health Plan and the AFTRA Health Plan merged to form the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan. In an effort to streamline the reporting and contributions process for employers and create a single point of entry for all employer reports, effective December 1, 2017, all remittances should be sent to the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan.

What is the Contributions Manager?
The Contributions Manager is the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan’s online site for employers to upload reports and earnings information. The Contributions Manager is preferred over paper reporting earnings and contributions. Learn more about the Contributions Manager.

How will the AFTRA Retirement Fund or SAG-Producers Pension Plan receive the pension portions of the contribution?
Upon receipt of the contributions, the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan will direct remittance records and contributions to the respective pension plans on behalf of contributing employers. 

How should I submit earnings information and contribution payments?
The SAG-AFTRA Health Plan provides three methods for reporting earnings and contributions: online Contributions Manager, Electronic File Reporting (XML), and Forms. Online Contributions Manager and Electronic File Reporting (XML) are highly preferred to paper forms. As of December 1, 2017, employers may use the online Contributions Manager for uploading reports and earnings information to Plan. You will have the option of paying your contributions via secure electronic funds transfer, submitting a paper check by mail, or by wire transfer.

To whom should I submit reports and contributions for work performed prior to December 1, 2017, but reported December 1st? 
All remittance reports and contribution checks or wire transfers sent on or after December 1, 2017, should be directed to the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan, regardless of when the work was performed. 

After December 1, 2017, what if I have adjustments for earnings reports that were originally sent prior to December 1?
If you have adjustments that apply to information sent to the AFTRA Retirement Fund prior to December 1, please send those adjustments to the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan. Your adjustment will be processed and passed to the AFTRA Retirement Fund.

I have never submitted to the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan. Where can I get the W-9 for the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan?
The W-9 for the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan is available here.

I report on behalf of a station/broadcaster. What information do I need to submit?
To submit on behalf of a station/broadcaster, you will need the stations’ basic demographics and official call letters, as well as employees’ wages and identifying information. If you report on behalf of a station/broadcasters, you are encouraged to download our station staff reporting template that can be filled in and used to upload your earnings report to the Contributions Manager.

 I have other questions, who can I contact?
Please contact our Contributions Management department at (818) 973-4472 or [email protected].