Death of a participant
- In the event of the death of a participant or spouse, notify the Plan.
- If you are a terminally ill participant make sure that your beneficiaries have been properly designated for pension benefits using the Designation of Beneficiary Form.
- Pension benefits may be available to the beneficiaries of a participant who dies before retirement.
- If the participant was retired before death, benefits to the beneficiary will depend upon the type of pension selected.
Death of a spouse
- In the event of the death of a spouse of a participant, notify the Plan.
- If you are the surviving participant of the Plan and have not begun taking your pension benefit, you must update your beneficiary designation using the Designation of Beneficiary Form.
- If you have retired under the Plan, your benefits will change only if you are drawing your pension under one of the Pop-up Option forms.
Death of a designated beneficiary
- In the event of the death of a designated beneficiary, update your beneficiaries using the Designation of Beneficiary Form.